Guide to licensing
How to license an image
Our images are available for a range of commercial and personal uses. We offer standard licences for commonly requested uses (see the price list). For other uses we provide a rapid quote service to suit your particular requirements.
- Log in or register
- Select the image(s) you want to license using the buttons
- When you have made your selection, click on
- For each selection, click on
- Select your intended use* and click
- Confirm the terms and conditions of the licence
- Your licence will be added to a pro-forma invoice, which you can print off
- If you wish to add another licence, repeat the steps above
- If you pay by card or PayPal, your images will be available for download as soon as payment is processed
- If you want to pay by bank/wire transfer, click on to obtain a reference for your payment and to notify us to expect it
*If your intended use is not listed, select None of the above (request a quote). When you click , you will receive a response as soon as possible, and certainly within one business day.
License images for multiple uses
Each selection may be associated with just one use. To license images for multiple uses (e.g. a cover image and other for the book content):
- Log in (or register if this is your first time here)
- Create a new selection for each use. From the menu, select New selection
- Use the buttons to add images to the new selection
- To change the active selection click on the drop-down list to the right of Active selection
- To add an image to a different selection without first changing the active selection, click on the button
If you have a repeated need for a licence not listed above, please send us an enquiry, and we will be happy to tailor a licence to your specific requirements. Once set up, your bespoke licence will be listed along with standard licences, allowing you to select that licence, purchase and download images on demand.
We also offer selected customers the option to download high resolution image files for pre-production work (design ideas, rough cuts, etc.) at no cost. Please contact us to discuss this.
Look and Learn is a picture library specialising in historical pictures and vintage imagery (for more information, see About us). Look and Learn’s standard licence agreement is based on the recommended model of BAPLA (the British Association of Picture Libraries and Agencies).