License images for personal or educational use
Most images in our library are available for personal or educational use for a flat fee of just £2.99 (approx US$5) (including VAT) per image. These are available for download (after payment) at a single resolution of 1024 pixels high or wide, optimised for projection, coursework, desktop backgrounds, etc. Please see below for what counts as ‘personal or educational use’.
Terms and conditions for licensing images
- You must obtain a licence from Look and Learn to use or reproduce any material on this website.
- All licences must be paid for before you use any Look and Learn material.
- Look and Learn materials should be credited with the name ‘Look and Learn’ and, where possible, a link to the web site ‘www.lookandlearn.com’.
- Any copyright notice or notices contained in licensed material, visible, invisible, or in the metadata, must be left intact.
- Licences are strictly non-transferable.
- A licence for ‘personal or educational use’ entitles you, as the individual purchasing the licence, to use an image for any of the following personal, home study or educational uses only:
- classroom teaching (eg digital projection);
- coursework, either in digital or printed form, including lectures, notes, seminars, essays, dissertations and theses used or presented within a single educational institution and not made available outside;
- privately printed books up to a total of five copies;
- privately printed greetings cards or postcards up to a maximum of twenty copies;
- a screensaver or desktop background on a computer in the home or classroom;
- a slideshow or background on a television or digital photo frame in the home or classroom.
- For any other intended use(s) you must arrange a commercial licence with Look and Learn, or one of its appointed agents.